Saturday, June 9, 2012

Mr. Rob Lowe


Mr. Rob Lowe
This is not my husband but he plays one on TV

This Thursday, June 14th, Rob and I celebrate our 15th anniversary. This year also marks our 20th year together. I really wanted to write something unique. You know, not the typical, he is my soul mate, the love of my life, my rock yada yada yada… Although these clichés might be true, I believe an ode to my spouse deserves more. Perhaps a brief recount of our life together done in bullet points. So here goes:

  • ·      September 1992 we meet at Toga Party at Sigma Nu house at U of A. You are dressed in full Grecian robes, smell of vodka and have “suck my hog,” written on your arm; it was love at first sight.
  • ·      December 1992 holiday trip to San Jose. I meet all of your friends and family and you tell me you, “love me” for the first time!
  • ·      October 1993 we break up. I am physically ill for that week. We reconcile. J
  • ·      June 1996 we move in together. Finally living in sin.
  • ·      November 1996 you propose on a canoe on bended knee at sundown.
  • ·      June 1997 we marry at Trinity Episcopal Church in San Jose and have our reception at Teske’s Germania restaurant. It was the wedding of the decade and people still talk about it.
  • ·      June 1997 Honeymoon car trip throughout California. We camp, bed and breakfast, crash friend’s houses and stay at nice and seedy hotels.
  • ·      July 1997 Bus trip through Mexico.
  • ·      November 1997 travel to Washington D.C.
  • ·      January 1998 moved to Phoenix.
  • ·      September 1998 bought our home
  • ·      December 1998/January 1999 travel to England, Ireland and France.
  • ·      May 2000 Allison is born
  • ·      March 2002 travel to Mexico
  • ·      July 2002 John is born
  • ·      January 2005 Elizabeth is born
  • ·      June 2005 Travel to Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and Utah.
  • ·      July 2005 Lulu’s Cupcakes is incorporated
  • ·      September 2006 Lulu’s Cupcakes opens for business
  • ·      September 2007 David is born
  • ·      April 2010 Lulu’s Cupcakes is sold
  • ·      June 2012 we celebrate our anniversary and renew our vows!


That was a very quick summary of the last 20 years of our lives. Time has been good to us. We have been fortunate; our relationship is solid, our children are healthy and our friendships are lively. Life has not always been easy, and our plans have not always worked out, but you, Mr. Rob Lowe have helped navigate us through these ups and downs with ease, grace and humor. I am so happy to call myself Mrs. Rob Lowe.



2 comments:

  1. I know for sure that David was not born in Jan. 2007. Better fix that before he reads it someday and comes to you in tears because his own mother doesn't know his birthday. P.S. I love your blog. You are such a good story teller. P.P.S. I'm trying to remember if I have ever complemented you on your jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops...I have so many kids I guess it just slipped. The funny part is that Rob read it before I posted it and he didn't catch it either. I am glad you are enjoying it. I hope you are doing well. xoxo

      Delete