Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas 2012


Christmas 2012

As Christmas approaches I reflect back on my spiritual year. Not my social year or my business year or even my familial year but rather my year with God.

Here I am waiting for God through Jesus to come on Christmas, which seems this year to be merely a formality since I have felt God’s presence in every aspect of my being since I welcomed in 2012.

God’s presence in my own children and in the children I have been blessed to serve.

God’s presence in Rob, my soul’s mate.

God’s presence in all of my dear friends through the goodness and struggle.

God’s presence in the earth. In the desert, mountains and sea that I have been graced to have felt this year.

God’s presence in my mentors and heroes-dead or alive.

God’s presence in all those I oversee and guide. I pray that I am doing what is right and helpful and good at every turn.

God’s presence in me.  A growing awareness to be a good steward to my intrinsic gifts.

So, as I think of God in all of this, I realize that my spiritual year is inextricable from my social, business or familial year. It is all the same really; God present in all things, all the time. My hope and prayer is to continue to move through my life’s journey with grace, peace and love.

Merry Christmas.




No comments:

Post a Comment