Saturday, July 8, 2017

Day 7: Edinburgh

Day 7: Edinburgh

We got to Edinburgh castle early, just like the Pinterest article recommended. A quick spin through the Royal Jewels and we were in the Royal apartment. It was in this apartment that Mary Queen of Scots lived after she had returned from her French exile. This is also where she birthed her only child, James. Thou knowest  this King James, thy one who had the Bible translated into thy most difficult to read version. Anyway, Mary never got to see her son grow up as she was imprisoned for 19 years and then executed. Apparently her cousin Elizabeth I was a wee bit threatened and couldn't bear to see what was to eventually become the UK be ruled by a Catholic. God forbid!

 I am aware of at least several things happening in our current religious/political climate that I am sure people will look back on and shake their heads about. Wait, I'm already shaking my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment